Kathryn N. Karam | Immigration Attorney
Direct: (832) 879-2020
Main: (713) 625-9200
Fax: (713) 625-9222
Awards & Recognition
- Texas Super Lawyers - 2023
- Board Certified in Immigration & Nationality Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Houstonia Magazine Top Lawyer - 2015-2019
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star - 2017-2019
- Houston International Trade & Development Council Global 7 Honoree – Excellence in International Business – 2018
- Recipient of Award for Best Service-Based Company (Under 10 Employees) – Business Excellence Forum North America 2017
- H Texas Magazine: Named one of Houston's Top Lawyers, 2014
- Houston Business Journal 40 Under 40 Awards -Named to Honorable Mention list, October 2014
- Trinity University, B.A., Chinese
- Johns Hopkins-Nanjing Center, Certificate in Chinese Studies
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Texas Chapter Member
- Texas Chapter Advocacy Coordinator (2011-2013)
- Proficient in Mandarin Chinese
- Conversational in Spanish
Kathryn N. Karam | Senior Immigration Attorney Quan Law Group
Kathryn N. Karam is an immigration attorney for Quan Law Group in Houston, Texas. She has exclusively practiced immigration law since November 2007. She is Board Certified in Immigration and Nationality Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Board Certification is given by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization to attorneys that demonstrate the highest public commitment to excellence in their area of law. Less than 10% of licensed Texas attorneys are Board Certified.
Attorney Karam began her career at Quan, Burdette, and Perez, P.C., which later became FosterQuan LLP, in Houston, Texas. During this time, she handled all types of immigration matters, including family-based immigration matters, naturalization and citizenship issues, employment-based matters, nonimmigrant visas, and detention and removal cases. Attorney Karam was later employed with Greenberg Traurig, LLP in Houston, Texas, where she primarily handled nonimmigrant visa matters. In July 2013, she opened her own practice, Karam Immigration Law, where she and her team focused on family-based and employment-based immigration, naturalization and citizenship issues, visas for crime and trafficking victims, and removal cases.
Prior to attending the University of Texas School of Law, Attorney Karam studied Chinese, earning her Bachelor of Arts in Chinese from Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas, and then earned her certificate in Chinese studies from the Johns Hopkins-Nanjing University Center for Chinese and American Studies.